Today Im sharing this yummy Zucchini and Mushroom Quiche! Its delicious and E.A.S.Y., the perfect weeknight dinner since it takes just a few minutes to prepare and a few minutes to cook! Since its vegetarian, its great for Meatless Mondays!
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 25 mins
Total time: 35 mins
This quick and easy quiche is perfect for weeknight meals or weekend brunch!
Recipe type: Brunch
- premade pie crust
- 4 eggs
- ¾ c zucchini, sliced
- ¾ c mushroom, sliced
- ½ c onion, sliced
- ½ c milk or heavy cream
- 1 c cheese of your choice, shredded
- 1 tsp each of salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- Chop mushrooms, zucchini, and onion.
- In a large nonstick skillet, sauté veggies in evoo a couple of minutes until tender and mushrooms have started to brown. Pour mixture into a small bowl and set aside to cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, salt, pepper, and milk or cream.
- Add vegetable mixture to egg mixture, add cheese, and stir to combine.
- Pour into pie plate that has prepared pie crust and bake at 375 degrees for 20-30 minutes or pie crust is golden brown and quiche is set.
For the cheese you can use swiss, gruyere, mozzarella, or any cheese you like.
The heavy cream is not a necessity, but it does add a nice richness to the quiche. You can use half and half or all milk.